Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year Begins

Pond in my neighbourhood


 Happy New Year! Another year begins while another ends-it is just a flip of a page in a calendar but we all attach great significance to it. It has been some kind of year here but that's ok-here's to a new year ahead with lots of great and happy things to us all. I am not a big resolution maker-that requires self discipline and mindfulness!! I do aim for more manageable things like take my vitamins more or less regularly, clean up and get rid of (sorry recycle re purpose renew) all those treasures in my house (ongoing resolution-don't laugh!) and generally be a good person, eat properly, go to bed earlier....all the good stuff.

 I do have some projects I finished in the early summer before I had to stop knitting. We are still married and nobody is missing any body parts so I am coping admirably! Maybe this is yet another kind of personal growth issue the ether's have thrown at me but I am finding it really ANNOYING-just sayin'! (but it is really quite minor). Enough of my whining!!! Zip it Chrissie!!


This is the #15 Cabled Lace Shawl in the Spring VK. It is an Iris Schrier pattern featuring Artyarns. Iris is both a phenomenal and prolific designer and wool dyer. I could talk endlessly about her designs and her yarns-oh my!!


I used Artyarns Beaded Silk Light and Artyarns Silk Rhapsody Glitter Light in H3 colourway/ These yarns are pure heaven to knit with.

 The shawl/wrap fits perfectly it doesn't slip off your shoulders and it is so soft and light and just lovely to wear. If you want to treat yourself or for someone special,  this is the ticket! I loved it so much I just had to, really really had to, knit another!!


I knit this one using neutral colours-very elegant. I am a more in your face kinda colour person so this is really a departure for me!! It does go with everything.Very very pretty. This pattern is easy to follow and an enjoyable knit..


 January knitting can be the best, all the giftie stuff is done-or close to it. Now it is time to knit something you really would like to wear or even to do. It is winter, so lots of time to stay warm inside, knit, have a cup of tea and eat some leftover Christmas goodies. Happy knitting in 2013 friends!   Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked Blogs