Sunday, April 8, 2012

My New Go to Beret Pattern- Koigu Beaded Beret



Earlier in the year I rediscovered a copy of the Churchmouse Classics Koigu Beaded Beret pattern in my pile of must- do patterns.




I am totally smitten with this pattern! It is a quick easy knit and the finished beret is really cute. It fits well and is very flattering on everyone. The fun part was using different yarns and yarn combos to knit a hat. This hat was knit with  Madtosh Sock in Antler paired with a creamy Kidsilk Haze. It is soooo soft and pretty. It feels like angora.



I knit this one with Koigu Mori in a pretty mauvey thistle colour with Kidsilk Haze in Berry. Lovely. The silk in the Koigu gives it a nice lustre.



This one was knit with Koigu PPPM in a tonal green.



This is knit with a variegated Koigu PPPM. Beautiful colours! It is fun watching the colour palette evolve as you knit.




This last one was knit with a tonal Koigu and beads- yes my  favourite thing - beads!!! Have I finished with this pattern-absolutely not! I plan to knit a few more for gifts over the summer- it is a great take along project. Thanks Rachy!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Chris! Nice berets - glad you like the pattern. Did you have a 13" plate to block it on? I only had an 8" so mine was smaller. It looks fantastic on my 7 year old! I'm now doing the Churchmouse Linen scarf with 3 different colours of Koigu - first time using Koigu and won't be the last! The yarn, the colours ... WOW! I am hooked!! (if not a little tired of doing linen stitch!)

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs