Friday, December 2, 2011

Rrred and Rrrrufffly



 Earlier this fall I got a super good deal on a new grey winter coat. So I got this idea in my head that a red scarf would be look great with my coat. I had a few patterns that I wanted to use at some point in time but I hadn't found the right yarn for the right project. Art of Yarn, where I teach classes, had recently brought in some Malabrigo Rios in the Ravelry Red colourway. It is such a beautiful red and is in the bluey-red end of the spectrum. I can't wear orangey-reds at all. Anyways I was looking for a pattern for a friend who likes all things ruffly and I rediscovered Just Enough Ruffles. It can be found here. I remember seeing it a few years ago but never got around to knitting it-what was I thinking!! It is a quick and easy knit and it is such a great scarf.





 We found this ebony shawl pin in the shop. It suits it perfectly. I don't often think of using pins,but I should. There are so many different styles of shawl pins available now and there are some absolutely beautiful ones. They are truly knit jewellery. I think this swirly pin really adds some punch to my scarf. Now I am giving all my scarves a second look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked Blogs