Monday, July 25, 2011

Flowers in a Garden

There is certainly a lot of growth happening in the garden.


This big guy looked asleep. Too much pollen, too little time!!






The Lilies smell divine!



Although our summer has been cooler and wetter than usual, everything is flourishing.




I finished another Noro modular afghan and it really does look like a summer garden. I really enjoyed doing this one too and I think I did improve on my construction techniques.




It is always hard to get the right lighting with some yarns.This is another big project-the new fence. Painting fence boards isn't the most exciting at times but it is great when it is done.




The fence and the shed are progressing bit by bit. We are thankful it hasn't been too hot or we would have not been doing as much as we have. I like to supervise from the lawn chair in the foreground-ha ha!! I don't have a project on the go right now-knitting wise. I have been making lots of jam, strawberry, strawberry-rhubarb, raspberry, bumbleberry... I like making jam! A lot of it is destined for friends and family. I did notice the zucchinis are growing very fast. I guess some loaves and breads are next on the agenda. My neighbour likes to grow zucchinis too and used to leave anonymous donations on our front doorstep-maybe that will be my next maneuver!! Beware of a knitter bearing jam and zucchini loaves!!

1 comment:

Networked Blogs